Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Long Overdue Blog (Life) Update

I'm gonna throw a bunch at you all at once since I'm so long overdue on this update.  All of 2012 in a fly by blogging.  2012 involved so much rad that I can't contain it all here.  This year involved learning a lot of new skills and seeing a crazy number of amazing new places.  It was one big escape from the realities of day to day life or at least what you'll see here was anyways.  
Real life changes outside of all this fun outdoorsy stuff can be summarized very briefly - called it splitsville with a woman and moved on like a pro.  I've got the same job and it's still treating me more or less adequately.  I've continued to feel more confident in my ability at said job as well.  I never dread coming in to work, which is something I value a lot.
As for the outdoorsy stuff: Many great friends joined me on some awesome trips into some of the most unique places I've ever been lucky enough to explore.  Thanks to all those who got on the awesome train of 2012 with me!  Here it goes, in random order since I didn't want to spend the time organizing photos perfectly in chronological order:

Anderson Lake hike -  Here's the outflow from Boulder Lake





Summer fun in the back yard at my sisters place



Barney Warm Springs, loaded with tropical South American and African Cichlids





A paddle trip to Blue Heart Springs along the Snake River



Climbing Mount Borah, this time with no snow and we brought Lucy, my beagle.






Hiking in Browns and Hart Creek Canyons






Hiking the Bruneau Dunes during an early season camping trip



Chattanooga Hot Springs




Dirt biking near McCall



A camp trip at Three Meadows with the family for my Grandma's 90th Birthday



A caving/kayaking trip to Malheur Cave for Halloween


Electric charge competition


Climbing the rope up to explore the 2nd cave



Jumping out of the 2nd cave into the lake in the main cave


Halloween fun




Exploring the Middle Fork of the Owyhee River







Rappelling a 60ft waterfall in Poison Creek Canyon





Visiting Smith's Creek Falls






A first known descent into Sheepshead Canyon









Paddling up to Shoshone Falls






A hike above Red Rocks near Denver, CO



A hike along the Snake River near Halverson Lake



The most awesome trip of 2012!  Canyoneering five canyons, seeing many ruins and arches/bridges in Utah!






















A backpack trip in the Wallowas







Add caption


A trip to Nevada to explore Whipple and Goshute Caves













Finally, a video of some cool stuff I've done over the last couple years condensed as tightly as I could make it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvzyNqEJUY


2 comments:

Josh said...

WOW! So much awesome packed into one little blog post. Words can't even express how stoked I got scrolling through that post!!! Yeah yeah yah! Dare I say that you have discovered what life is truly about? :) So awesome man, thanks for sharing!

Daniel Collins said...

Sweet pics. I am actually hoping to find out some about your trip to Cable Car a few years ago, and expecting that you check the newest posts more than your older posts.

Anyways, I live in Caldwell, am planning a trip to Cable Car Hot springs this summer, and am hoping I could get some info from you. My name is Daniel and my email is jovus@mail.com. Happy trails.

The Latest Blogs

About Me

My photo
Boise, ID, United States

BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition