Thursday, June 25, 2009

Elite National Time Trial

What I've been up to lately can be summed up pretty quickly; training hard for Nationals. Approximately five days a week are spent going hard on the time trial bike in preparation for one event. To break down muscle, I do dump loops. To develop the lactate threshold, I do 20 minute efforts on Bogus and Thursday night time trials. To get the endurance and efficiency on the bike, I do Emmett Horseshoe Bend loops. Go and go and go day after day until the heart rate starts to drop at full throttle, then give it an easy day and repeat. In my free time, I cook and work on the bike. Oats cooked with almond butter, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg for breakfast. Last nights dinner consisted of a big dutch ovens mix of elk burger, a steak, asparagus, radishes, golden yukon potatoes, broccoli, green bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, turmeric powder and some mole verde with a couple slices of swiss cheese to bulk it up. I go to bed on time and sleep in to whenever I need since I don't have to be to work until two.
I've had the best wheels offered up to me to borrow for the big event as well. A Zipp 808 on the front with the new Zipp Sub-9 disc on the back, both with Tangente tires should do the job.
As for the position on the bike, the seat is pegged right at 5cm behind the bottom bracket and the middle of the shifters are at 78.3cm (requiring the morphological test, which I will pass easily).
None of this will mean that I make the podium, but I sure as hell hope it does!
Current registered athletes

A Thursday night time trial

Juntura Hot Springs... a trip to the desert provided new terrain to train on and an amazing new hot springs to soak!

No comments:

The Latest Blogs

About Me

My photo
Boise, ID, United States

BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition