Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tree, Daisy, Red

Last Sunday, I earned my first concussion at Moscow Mountain Madness. After multiple rides on the new mountain bike, I decided that going back to my origins and racing would be alright. A little prior to the mid point, my chain decided to break and send me to the ground. Not that I remember exactly what happened, but given that when I came to I had a broken chain, that's got to be what happened. For around 15 minutes, Ted Chauvin walked along the trail with me and I only remember the last little bit of it. He told me that we had walked around one and a half miles, but it seemed more like a few hundred yards. Coming to felt very much so like waking from a dream. As for the title of this blog, I was asked to remember the words tree, daisy, red and then randomly required to recite them after the race. Sure enough, I remembered it waaay too well.

Before downhilling at Brundage on my 30th birthday

Bry, Tim and Jim going through the easy stuff

Me, Jim, Bry and Tim

Hopping a log along the Fischer Creek Trail

Matt Hibbard going over the same log

Me, Jason, Derek and Matt

3 comments:

Steve-O said...

what the crap? I rode with you for years and you never went MTBing with me. Now that I move you take it up? One of these days I'll have to come show you how its done.

Ted said...

More like 30 minutes...glad you recovered from it. You were pretty funny for awhile (I knew you'd be okay...but you were not quite sure...)

Matt Weyen said...

Steve-O, you'll have to come over before the weather turns and we'll hit some trails!

30 minutes... ugh, I didn't want to know that.

The Latest Blogs

About Me

My photo
Boise, ID, United States

BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition