Thursday, October 09, 2008

Job Satisfaction

Could corporations that treat their employees like expendable piles of dirt be at the root of economic problems? An economy is based on how much a nation produces of both goods and services. Unmotivated employees being pushed to produce via fear of losing their jobs mixed with stagnating wages rather than desiring to produce out of their own accord may reduce that overall production, right? The push-pull idea's as old as dirt.
Check out these reports:
http://www.conference-board.org/utilities/pressdetail.cfm?press_id=2582
and
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060724005163&newsLang=en

Maybe companies should focus on job satisfaction? Seems to be working for Google... and Europe.


I promise to write a more happy-go-lucky blog next... I just thought I'd put in my 2 pesos in the midst of an economic melt down that is likely to affect my, and your, future.

If you needed a warm and fuzzy this time too, I'll finish it off with a great photo of the East Fork of Moose Creek at sunset.

No comments:

The Latest Blogs

About Me

My photo
Boise, ID, United States

BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition